Consider joining Colwood’s dedicated team of volunteer firefighters.
Volunteer firefighters are your neighbours, your co-workers and your friends. They are caring and dedicated individuals who are prepared to come to your aid whenever they are called.
Information Session: Wednesday, March 21, 2018, 6:30-8:30pm at the Colwood Fire Hall, 3215 Metchosin Road.
This session is mandatory for those that are interested in becoming a volunteer firefighter.
Who can apply?
Colwood Fire Rescue encourages applications from men and women who:
- live in the City of Colwood
- are 19 years of age or older
- pass a criminal record check
- meet NFPA 1582 medical requirements for firefighters
- maintain a healthy lifestyle (e.g. no drugs or drinking to excess, and try to refrain from smoking)
- are in good physical condition and able to carry out firefighting and rescue responsibilities
- pass a physical dexterity test
- attend a mandatory information session on becoming a volunteer firefighter
Preference is given to applicants with a class 3 or 5 driving license with a clean driving record and those who demonstrate they have the time and commitment to serve.
Colwood Fire Rescue
3215 Metchosin Road