Consider joining Colwood’s dedicated team of volunteer firefighters.
Volunteer firefighters are your neighbours, your co-workers and your friends. They are caring and dedicated individuals who are prepared to come to your aid whenever they are called.
Who can apply?
Colwood Fire Rescue encourages applications from men and women who:
- live in the City of Colwood
- are 19 years of age or older
- pass a criminal record check
- meet NFPA 1582 medical requirements for firefighters
- maintain a healthy lifestyle (e.g. no drugs or drinking to excess, and try to refrain from smoking)
- are in good physical condition and able to carry out firefighting and rescue responsibilities
- pass a physical dexterity test
- attend a mandatory information session on becoming a volunteer firefighter
Preference is given to applicants with a class 3 or 5 driving license with a clean driving record and those who demonstrate they have the time and commitment to serve.
Colwood Fire Rescue
3215 Metchosin Road