Bylaw Services staff work to protect the safety and quality of life of residents. The receive and investigate complaints, monitor issues and work with individuals to encourage voluntary compliance through education and mediation. Bylaw Services staff may issue municipal tickets and fines as described in the Municipal Ticket Information Bylaw No. 761, 2004.

Bylaw staff provide an important presence in our community and work in close partnership with the Colwood Fire Department and Westshore RCMP. They are part of Colwood's CIty Watch program which trains all City staff who work out in the community to know what types of suspicious activity to watch for, as well as how to record observations and report incidents. 

Report an Issue

Some common bylaws department deals with include:
View a complete list of all community standard bylaws.
Colwood Bylaw Enforcement also coordinates the West Shore Graffiti Outreach program which helps to keep our City safe, clean and graffiti free.

Contact Us

Your questions are encouraged. Get in touch with us for information about Colwood bylaws.
Kevin Atkinson, Bylaw Officer
250-478-5999 Local 119
Rick Smith, Bylaw Officer
250-478-5999 Local 146

Bylaw Services Hours of Operation

Winter Months (Nov-June)
Monday                               8:00 am to 4:00 pm
Tuesday through Friday     8:00 am to 6:00 pm
Saturday                             8:00 am to 4:00 pm
Summer Months (July - October)
Monday                               8:00 am to 4:00 pm
Tuesday through Friday      8:00 am to 9:00 pm
Saturday                             8:00 am to 4:00 pm
For after hours issues, such as excessive noise, please contact the West Shore RCMP at their non-emergency number: 250.474.2264 or submit a complaint to our office.