Read the Colwood Official Community Plan
Seaside Village Land Use section 7.2.6
Colwood Corners Land Use section 7.2.3
Neighbourhood - Hillside & Shoreline Land Use section 7.2.20
Royal Bay Area Plan Part E: Area Plans
Royal Bay Area Plan Technical Appendices (large pdf will take time to download)
Colwood is a spectacular seaside community set apart by its outstanding natural setting and exceptional quality of life.
Development will be focused in town centres at Colwood Corners and Royal Bay, and along the Sooke Road transit corridor. Extra care will be taken in sensitive natural areas.
- Colwood's waterfront is a stewarded, world-class destination for residents and visitors alike.
- People and nature are exceptionally well connected in Colwood.
- Colwood residents have realistic transportation choices.
- Vibrant public spaces in Colwood – including streets – are for public life.
- Colwood is home to family-friendly neighbourhoods that provide housing choices.
- Colwood is carbon neutral, energy positive, water smart and prepared to adapt to a changing world.
Making Waves: Creating a new OCP in 2018
Great cities don't just happen - they are created by people who care about their community and are willing to rock the boat to find ways to make their city great. Colwood's Official Community Plan was shaped by strong community involvement in the Making Waves Official Community Plan project.
When Colwood Council is faced with decisions about a new development, roads project, or park improvement, they look to the Official Community Plan to determine whether it fits with the long term vision outlined there.
- Council approved the 2018 Colwood Official Community Plan at their regular meeting on August 27, 2018.
- Want the short version? Read this brief OCP Overview.
- The draft plan was created through nearly 2 years of community consultation. Dive into the details at www.colwood.ca/MakingWaves.
Building on past work
Colwood's previous Official Community Plan was created in 2008. Updates were required to better reflect the values of the community as it faces significant growth and development over the next several years. The 2018 OCP will guide the way forward to 2035 when the City will celebrate 50 years since incorporation. Council and staff are extremely grateful for the strong community involvement in creating the plan through many interactive events and thoughtful conversations as this new shared vision emerged for the future of our community.
Colwood Strategic Priorities 2019-2023
The City of Colwood Strategic Plan addresses priority areas where Council has identified a gap and wants to see meaningful progress over the next four years.
The goals and tactics align with the directions outlined in the Official Community Plan and are intended to meet the needs and expectations of the community as they are integrated into Service Plans, Financial Plans and ongoing service delivery.
The Strategic Plan focuses on four key goal areas: Mobility, Prosperity, Governance and Vibrancy.
Review the full Colwood Strategic Plan 2019 - 2023