There are a number of parcel taxes levied to pay for the construction, maintenance and safe operation of Colwood septic and sewer systems. They are as follows:
Local Area Service and Onsite Sewage System Parcel Tax
Homes in Colwood homes are served by either onsite septic systems or sewer service. A sewer parcel tax is levied to recover outstanding debt attributed to each sewer local area service. An onsite sewage systems parcel tax is levied to recover the Capital Regional District's costs related to managing the region's onsite septic systems.
- Onsite Sewage Systems Service (septic)
2023 Septic Parcel Tax Roll
- Colwood East Local Area Service (sewer)
2023 East LAS Tax Roll
- Colwood Central Local Area Service (sewer)
2023 Central LAS Tax Roll
CRD Bylaws to establish a service for management and maintenance of onsite sewage systems
Back in 2007, the CRD implemented regulations for maintenance of onsite sewage disposal systems. All properties with septic systems pay the CRD Onsite Sewage Parcel Tax which allows the CRD to monitor for safety of septic systems.
- CRD Bylaw #3478 – A Bylaw To Establish a Service to Develop and Implement a Management Program for Onsite Sewage Disposal Systems
- CRD Bylaw #3479 – A Bylaw To Regulate The maintenance of Onsite Sewage Disposal Systems in the Capital Regional District