Colwood Grants In Aid Program - Financial Assistance for Community Organizations
Colwood's Mayor and Council recognize that many not-for-profit organizations provide extremely valuable contributions to our community. Each year a portion of the budget is set aside for community support funding, and applications are carefully considered by Council. Small grants are available to encourage programs that enhance quality of life for Colwood residents by promoting safety, health, arts, culture, economic diversity or environmental care.
Applying for a Grant in Aid
Applications must be submitted no later than November 15 for the following project year.
Applications may be submitted to Kathy McLennan, Manager of Finance at City Hall, 3300 Wishart Rd, Victoria, BC V9C 1R1 or via email at email@example.com.
Grant Recipients for 2023
- Arts & Culture Colwood Society $10,800
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Victoria Capital Region $3,100
- Capital Bike Society $1,500
- Colwood Garden Society $2,000
- Dunsmuir School Hip Hop $500
- Greater Victoria Volunteer Society $1,000
- Intermunicipal Advisory Committee (lACDI) $1,100
- Open Gate Church $1,500
- Peninsula Streams Society $1,500
- QCHAT Support Association $1,900
- Royal Canadian Legion - Prince Edward Branch #91 (Christmas Service) $2,100
- Royal Canadian Legion - Prince Edward Branch #91 (Remembrance Day Service) $2,400
- Royal Bay Secondary School (Dry Grad) $1,000
- Sarah Beckett Memorial Run $700
- Take a Hike Foundation $1,400
- Vancouver Island South Film and Media Commission $3,900
- Victoria Brain Injury Society $800
- WesCom Medi-Lend Society $1,700
- Wishart Elementary School $800
Colwood Create Places Grant
The Create Places Grant was created with the idea of bringing neighbours together to get creative and transform spaces while fostering a renewed sense of community pride. It is one way the City promotes placemaking, which is about reimagining spaces in fun and exciting ways through art, gardens, gathering areas, or other programming. $5,000 was available in 2022 to be split between successful applicants to help make placemaking projects come to life.
Read more at www.Colwood.ca/CreatePlaces