Colwood Grants In Aid Program - Financial Assistance for Community Organizations
Colwood's Mayor and Council recognize that many not-for-profit organizations provide extremely valuable contributions to our community. Each year a portion of the budget is set aside for community support funding, and applications are carefully considered by Council. Small grants are available to encourage programs that enhance quality of life for Colwood residents by promoting safety, health, arts, culture, economic diversity or environmental care.
Applying for a Grant in Aid
Applications must be submitted no later than November 15 for the following project year.
Applications may be submitted to Marlie Boven, Manager of Finance at City Hall, 3300 Wishart Rd, Victoria, BC V9C 1R1 or via email at email@example.com.
Grant Recipients for 2022
- Arts & Culture Colwood Society - $6,200
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Victoria Capital Region - $4,000
- Capital Bike Society - $2,000
- FED Urban Agriculture Society - $800
- Friends of Havenwood Park - $200
- Greater Victoria Volunteer Society - $1000
- Intermunicipal Advisory Committee (IACDI) - $1,100
- JDF Performing Arts Society - $1,700
- NEED 2 Suicide Prevention Education and Support - $1,300
- Open Gate Church - $1,000
- Peninsula Streams Society - $1,200
- QCHAT Support Association - $2,100
- RCL Prince Edward Branch #91 (Christmas Service) - $2,300
- RCL Prince Edward Branch #91 (Remembrance Day Service) - $2,200
- Royal Bay Secondary School (Dry Grad) - $1,100
- Stigma-Free Society - $900
- Vancouver Island South Film and Media Commission - $2,900
- Wishart Elementary School - $900
Colwood Create Places Grant
At the end of 2020, the City of Colwood put out the call for ideas from residents to bring new energy to shared spaces in Colwood. The idea was to bring neighbours together to get creative and transform spaces while fostering a renewed sense of community pride. It is one way the City promotes placemaking, which is about reimagining spaces in fun and exciting ways through art, gardens, gathering areas, or other programming.
Read more at www.colwood.ca/CreatePlaces