Colwood Grants In Aid Program - Financial Assistance for Community Organizations
Colwood's Mayor and Council recognize that many not-for-profit organizations provide extremely valuable contributions to our community. Each year a portion of the budget is set aside for community support funding, and applications are carefully considered by Council. Small grants are available to encourage programs that enhance quality of life for Colwood residents by promoting safety, health, arts, culture, economic diversity or environmental care.
Grant Recipients for 2020
- Big Brothers, Big Sister of Victoria $3040
- Colwood Church $2890 (identified as an emergency shelter location as needed)
- Friends of Havenwood Park $390
- JDF Performing Arts Centre Society $1430
- M’akola Housing $2430
- Need2 Suicide Prevention $1170
- Open Gate Church $1740
- QCHAT Support Association $1340
- Coast Collective (Society of Arts on the South Island) $1710
- Stigma-Free Society $1410
- Youth for Christ Victoria $1290
- Greater Victoria Bike to Work Society $1500
- Volunteer Victoria $1000
- Habitat Acquisition Trust $2500
- Intermunicipal Advisory Committee of Disability Issues $1300
- Royal Canadian Legion #91 $5,000
- Royal Bay Secondary School $1000
- Sarah Beckett Memorial Run $2500
- West Shore Arts Council $5500
Applying for a Grant in Aid
Applications must be submitted no later than November 30 for the following project year.
Applications may be submitted to Jenn Hepting, Deputy Director of Finance at City Hall, 3300 Wishart Rd, Victoria, BC V9C 1R1 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
West Shore RCMP Community Policing Advisory Committee Call for Proposals
The West Shore RCMP Community Policing Advisory Committee will provide support to organizations and schools in the West Shore area to develop projects or initiatives focused on the prevention of drug and alcohol use, reducing crime and promoting public safety. Programs must be community based and not for profit.
The West Shore CPAC sub-committee meets twice per year, thus the applications are reviewed two times per year. Deadlines are as follows:
The last Friday of February each year, by 4:00 p.m.
The last Friday of September each year, by 4:00 p.m.
Submissions are reviewed March and October of each year. Successful applicants will be notified via email in the months of March and October.