Only 48% of the amount on your tax bill is for City services
Over half (52%) of the average Colwood residential property tax bill goes to other agencies over which the city has no direct control:
- 27% Provincial School Taxes (Education)
- 10% Capital Regional District (Recycling, Sewage Treatment, Drinking Water)
- 4% West Shore Parks & Recreation (Sport, Culture and Recreation)
- 4% Capital Regional Hospital District (Health Care)
- 4% BC Transit (Transportation)
- 3% Greater Victoria Public Library (Juan de Fuca Branch)
- 1% BC Assessment Authority and Municipal Finance Authority.
What City services do tax dollars pay for?
Each dollar you pay in municipal property tax goes toward funding a range of services and amenities that help make Colwood a great place to live and spend time. Here's how each tax dollar breaks down: