Aboout half (50%) of the average Colwood residential property tax bill goes to other agencies over which the city has no direct control:
- 26% Provincial School Taxes (Education)
- 8% Capital Regional District (Recycling, Sewage Treatment, Drinking Water)
- 5% West Shore Parks & Recreation (Sport, Culture and Recreation)
- 4% Capital Regional Hospital District (Health Care)
- 3% BC Transit (Transportation)
- 3% Greater Victoria Public Library (Juan de Fuca Branch)
- 1% BC Assessment Authority and Municipal Finance Authority.
What community-building projects are planned for 2017?
This infographic gives an overview of some of the projects planned for 2017. Click the image to view a larger pdf.
What city services do your tax dollars pay for?
Each dollar you pay in municipal property tax goes toward funding a variety of services and amenities that help make Colwood a great place to live, work and play.
Here's how each municipal tax dollar breaks down: