Over half (51%) of the average Colwood residential property tax bill goes to other agencies over which the city has no direct control:
- 26% Provincial School Taxes (Education)
- 10% Capital Regional District (Recycling, Sewage Treatment, Drinking Water)
- 4% West Shore Parks & Recreation (Sport, Culture and Recreation)
- 4% Capital Regional Hospital District (Health Care)
- 4% BC Transit (Transportation)
- 3% Greater Victoria Public Library (Juan de Fuca Branch)
- 1% BC Assessment Authority and Municipal Finance Authority.
What City projects are planned in 2020?
Get all the details in the May 2020 Colwood Connection newsletter that will be included with your tax notice.