Only half of the amount on your tax bill is for City services
Approximately half of the average Colwood residential property tax bill goes to other agencies over which the city has no direct control:
- 27% Provincial School Taxes (Education)
- 8% Capital Regional District (Recycling, Sewage Treatment, Drinking Water)
- 4.1% West Shore Parks & Recreation (Sport, Culture and Recreation)
- 3% Capital Regional Hospital District (Health Care)
- 4% BC Transit (Transportation)
- 3% Greater Victoria Public Library (Juan de Fuca Branch)
- 0.8% BC Assessment Authority and Municipal Finance Authority.
What City projects are planned in 2022-2026?
An overview is available in the May 2022 Colwood Connection newsletter that will be included with your tax notice. You can read the full 2022-2026 Financial Plan at Colwood.ca/Budget.
See the map below for a few examples of upcoming projects!