The Waterfront Stewardship Committee (the Committee) is an advisory committee of Council established to provide advice to Council regarding stewardship of Colwood’s waterfront from north of Cole Island to the south, adjacent to Farhill Road. Further details of Committee purpose, authority, membership and procedures is offered in the Terms of Reference.
Voting members appointed by Council shall include:
- Two (2) members of Council as Council liaisons who will serve as Chair and Vice Chair
- Councillor Olsen (Chair)
- Councillor Grove (Vice-Chair)
- Three (3) members of the Public;
- One (1) representative from Royal Roads University;
- One (1) representative from Parks Canada.
Three additional voting members seats on the Committee shall be reserved for participation from:
- Representative from Songhees First Nation
- Representative from Scia’new First Nation
- Representative from Esquimalt First Nation
Staff liaison and resources (non-voting) members shall include:
- Senior Members of Community Planning Department (1)
- Senior Member of Engineering Department (1)
- Corporate Services Recording Secretary (1)
The Committee will meet at 2:00 PM on the 4th Thursday of February, April, June, and October.
Agendas and minutes can be found at www.colwood.ca/Meetings.