Municipal government in BC strives to be accessible to the citizens it serves. Municipalities are governed by the Local Government Act and the Community Charter.
Local citizens are elected by the community to serve on City Council. All meetings are open to the public and members of the public can speak directly to Council during the public participation portion of the meeting. When Council is considering a rezoning or official community plan application, a public hearing may be held to allow Council to hear directly from citizens. Citizens can also participate directly by volunteering on committees or commissions.
With input from citizens, city staff, committees and other stakeholders, Council makes decisions to establish bylaws and policies that are the basis for how we provide services and plan for the City's future.
Connect with Colwood
We want to make it easy for you to have a say in the decisions that make Colwood a connected community that we all take pride in.
- Join us at City meetings. You are welcome to just sit and listen, or you can speak during the public participation portion at the beginning of the meeting.
- Watch Council meetings online.
- Subscribe to receive udpates about City news, events and meetings.
- Use our web feedback form to bring an issue to our attention.
- Follow us on twitter: @CityofColwood and like us on facebook: CityofColwood
- Drop by City Hall at 3300 Wishart Road or give us a call at 478-5999.
Local government is a community effort! For more information, see
Local Government in British Columbia - A Community Effort.
Links to other Local Government
- City of Victoria
- District of Central Saanich
- District of Highlands
- City of Langford
- District of Metchosin
- District of North Saanich
- District of Saanich
- District of Oak Bay
- Township of Esquimalt
- Town of Sidney
- Town of View Royal
- Capital Regional District
- BC Government Directory
- BC Securities Commission
- BC Statistics
- Civic Info British Columbia
- Government of British Columbia