West Shore RCMP provide outstanding police service to Colwood, as well as the surrounding municipalities and First Nations on the West Shore. They work in partnership with the Colwood Fire Department and BC Ambulance Service to provide coordinated emergency services to the region.
West Shore RCMP provides a number of community crime prevention and safety services, including:
- Keep In Touch (K.I.T.) program for seniors living alone
- Block Watch - neighbourhood crime prevention program
- Drug Abuse Resistance Education (DARE) program for grade 5 and 6 students
- WITS program to teach students in grades K-5 how to deal with difficult situations
- Restorative Justice program, which encourages youth offenders to take full responsibility for their behavior and make amends with victims as an alternative to going to court.
Read more about these and other West Shore RCMP programs.
Contact West Shore RCMP:
In emergencies, call 9-1-1
Non-emergency number: 250-474-2264
698 Atkins Avenue
Victoria, BC V9B 3A4
Other Regional Public Safety Services
- Royal Canadian Marine Search and Rescue assist boaters in distress on the Victoria, Esquimalt, and West Shore waterfronts.
- Greater Victoria Police Victim Services provides services to victims of crime or trauma.