Colwood is a community that cares and strives to provide access to services within our community and surrounding areas that support people at every age and stage of life.
Check the Pathways Victoria - South Island Community Service Directory for a comprehensive database of Community Health and Social Services in our area.
BC Ambulance Service
In an emergency, call 9-1-1 for BC Ambulance as well as local police and fire services.
Island Health provides health care services to all areas of Vancouver Island through a network of hospitals, clinics, centres, health units, and residential care facilities.
Victoria General Hospital is the nearest hospital and Royal Jubilee Hospital is nearby in Victoria. Both provide emergency and acute care services.
West Shore Urgent Primary Care Centre at 582 Goldstream Avenue (8:00 am to 8:00 pm Monday to Sunday)
Child, Youth and Family Centre in Colwood
The Westshore Child, Youth and Family Centre at 345 Wale Road is home to seven child, youth and family serving agencies:
- Boys & Girls Club - before and after school programs, youth justice programs and other youth and family services
- Métis Community Services - community room & playground, computer lab, teaching garden, counselling room, & access to the centre’s community kitchen
- Ministry of Children and Family Development - community social service agencies, foster homes, services that support the well-being of children, youth and families
- Phoenix Human Services Association - programs & services for family development, youth, special needs, mental health outreach, adults with developmental disabilities
- Sooke Family Resource Centre - programs & services for prenatal care, child care, parent support, family development, youth outreach, mental health, developmental disabilities
- Vancouver Island Health Authority - child health, dental, hearing, immunizations, nutrition, parenting, prenatal and postpartum, speech and hearing
Pacific Centre Family Services Association Centre for Wellness in Colwood
Pacific Centre Family Services Centre at 342 Goldstream Avenue offers a range of mental heatlh and wellness services and programs.
Mental Health Resources
- West Shore Child, Youth and Family Centre 345 Wale Road, Colwood, BC
- Pacific Centre Family Services Association 324 Goldstream Avenue, Colwood, BC
- Discovery Youth & Family Services Island Health
- Vancouver Island Crisis Society 1-888-494-3888
- Canadian Mental Health Association
- Kids Help Phone
- Here to Help BC
- Kelty Mental Health
- MindHealth BC
- Need2 Suicide Prevention Education & Support
Check this extensive list of mental health resources prepared by School District 62's Healthy Schools Coordinator (Jan 2021).
Wescom Medi Lend lends or rents medical equipment such as crutches, wheelchairs, walkers and hospital beds to meet short-term equipment needs such as recovery from injuries or medical procedures. Call 250-478-5373.
The Military Family Resource Society provides programs and resources for military families at the Pacific Activity Centre at 2610 Rosebank Road in Colwood.
Health Link BC
Another good resource for non-emergency health advice is Health Link BC. Search the website or call 8-1-1 to receive medical advice from a health professional.
BC Community Health Data for Colwood
View heath data about Colwood's Demographics, Diversity, Household Composition, Housing, Mobility and Health Factors.