We are working hard to make Colwood's building permit process as quick and easy as possible while maintaining the City's safety, livability and sustainability for you, your neighbours, and future property owners and residents.
When do I need a permit?
The City is here to help. Get in touch at email@example.com before you start your building project. Our staff will assist you to determine which permits you need and walk you through the process so you can speak to your contractor with confidence and take advantage of the benefits of working with a permit.
The City of Colwood does NOT issue the following permits:
- Electrical Permits: contact Technical Safety BC at 1 866 566 7233
- Gas Permits: contact Technical Safety BC at 1 866 566 7233
- Septic Field Information: contact Island Health at 250-519-3401
- Potable Water Supply: contact Island Health at 250-519-3401
How do I book an inspection?
For more information, please contact the Building Inspection Assistant at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 250.478.5999.
- Need to find the age of a house? Visit BC Assessment and type in the address.
- View our DBS Report submitted monthly to Statistics Canada
- CRD Regional Source Control Program ensure you are following regulations to reduce the amount of contaminants discharged into the district's sanitary sewer systems.
- Final Occupancy Checklist
- Fire Safety for Construction & Demolition Sites
- Homeowner Protection Office Residential Construction Performance Guide
- Mechanical Ventilation Checklist
- WorkSafeBC Reno/Building Your Home
- Solar Voltaic Panel Installation
- Solar Hot Water Readiness Regulation follow provincial regulations that require all new homes to be prepared for the installation of a solar hot water system in the future.
- BC Air Quality Wood Stove Exchange Program - change out your older, smoky wood stove for low-emission appliances including new CSA-/EPA-certified clean-burning wood stoves.
- Soil Deposit / Soil Removal Engineering Department