A Public Hearing is scheduled for Monday, July 13, 2020 to provide an opportunity for public feedback.
Subject: Official Community Plan amendment re: Royal Bay Latoria South
Date: Monday, July 13, 2020 at 6:00pm
Place: Online Meeting - provide input verbally at the online public hearing or by written submission
The City of Colwood is seeking your input on City of Colwood Official Community Plan Amendment Bylaw No. 1700-03, 2020 (Latoria South Sub Area Plan) to amend the Royal Bay Plan contained within the Official Community Plan in order to create the Latoria South Sub Area Plan. The Latoria South Sub Area Plan will include land use policies and design guidelines specific to Latoria South. A number of maps in the Official Community Plan will also be amended to align with the proposed Latoria South sub-area plan. The general purpose of proposed Colwood Land Use Bylaw No. 151, 1989, Amendment No. 174 (Comprehensive Development Zone CD28-Latoria South), Bylaw No. 1825, 2020 is to amend the current Colwood Land Use Bylaw No 151, 1989 in order to create a comprehensive development zone for lands in Royal Bay described as Latoria South. The comprehensive zone will contain permitted uses and development regulations for ten sub areas within the comprehensive development zone.
View the proposed bylaw and other related materials. These can be viewed in person by appointment at City Hall - Pat Taylor (250)294-8145 from June 29, 2020 through July 13, 2020 between 8:00am and 4:00pm, Monday through Friday, excluding statutory holidays.
We Want to Hear From You!
Write to us - submit your comments by:
- email to: email@example.com
- regular mail to 3300 Wishart Road, Colwood, BC V9C 1R1
- hand delivery to the drop-box located at the main entrance to City Hall
Written submissions must be received before 12:00 pm on Monday, July 13, 2020. Written comments received after this deadline will not be received or considered by Council.
Talk with us - Speak at the Public hearing:
- email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 250-478-5999 to register to speak at the Hearing- you will be provided instructions to join the live meeting on Zoom. The deadline to register to speak live at the meeting is 9:00AM on the day of the meeting. OR
- Follow the instructions displayed on screen during the live meeting - https://colwood.civicweb.net/portal/ OR
- At any time during the Hearing, call the number that will be posted on the City’s meeting portal at www.colwood.ca/Meetings at 5:45 PM on the day of the meeting.
Need more information? Call Development Services at 250-294-8145 or email@example.com
What is a Public Hearing?
A Public Hearing is a vital part of Council’s review when applications are made to change the City’s Official Community Plan or Land Use Bylaw. It provides the public with a way to present their views to Council on items contained in the public hearing agenda. It is not a question and answer period. The Public Hearing is Council’s opportunity to listen to members of the public to hear their views or receive their written submissions on items contained in the public hearing agenda. Council is not able to discuss and debate the topic at the public hearing.