Subject: 1764 Island Highway (Galaxy Motors site) application to rezone from Highway Commercial to Mixed Use Employment Centre
When: January 25, 2021 at 5pm
Where: Electronically via Zoom at www.colwood.ca/Meetings
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, public access to City Hall is limited. This Public Hearing will be held electronically in accordance with Ministerial Order M192. View the Hearing on the City’s live stream webcast at www.colwood.ca/Meetings
The City of Colwood is seeking your input regarding the proposed Colwood Land Use Bylaw No. 151, 1989, Amendment No. 180 (1764 Island Highway), Bylaw No. 1852, 2020 is to rezone the subject property from the Highway Commercial (CS2) Zone to a Mixed Use Employment Centre 2 (MUEC2) Zone to permit commercial and light industrial uses and development regulations for the subject property.
A copy of the bylaw and related materials is available here and by appointment at City Hall between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, except statutory holidays. Contact Development Services at 250-294-8145 or firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an in person viewing.
We want to hear from you!
Write to us:
You can provide your written submission by:
- email to email@example.com
- regular mail to 3300 Wishart Road, Colwood, BC V9C 1R1,
- hand delivered to the drop box located at the main entrance of City Hall.
Written submissions must be received before 4:00 pm on Monday, January 25, 2021. Written comments received after this deadline will not be received or considered by Council.
Talk with us - speak at the Public Hearing:
- email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 250-294-8145 to pre-register to speak at the Hearing - you will be provided instructions to join the live meeting on Zoom. The deadline to pre-register is 4:00PM on the day of the meeting.
- At any time during the Hearing, call the number that will be displayed on the screen and at www.colwood.ca/Meetings on the day of the meeting.
For further information, please contact the Development Services at 250-294-8145 or email@example.com
What is a Public Hearing?
A Public Hearing is a vital part of Council’s review when applications are made to change the City’s Official Community Plan or Land Use Bylaw. It provides the public with a way to present their views to Council on items contained in the public hearing agenda. It is not a question and answer period. The Public Hearing is Council’s opportunity to listen to members of the public to hear their views or receive their written submissions on items contained in the public hearing agenda. Council is not able to discuss and debate the topic at the public hearing.