To improve the City’s regulatory control over land use consistent with the policy directions established in the City’s Official Community Plan.
The update of the Land Use Bylaw will incorporate current land use controls to better carry out the City’s goals of encouraging improved urban design, creating pedestrian friendly neighbourhood environments, and implementing higher environmental standards.
- Prepare Terms of Reference for a consultant to prepare the updated Bylaw.
- Engage a consultant.
- Consult with business owners/tenants and residents.
- Hold a public visioning session and provide for other public input opportunities.
- Update the Land Use Bylaw as required.
- Present the draft updated Land Use Bylaw to the Planning and Land Use Committee and Council for review and adoption.
Lead City Department