Join us in-person Saturday Sept. 24 at Colwood Creek Park (Sunridge Valley Drive side) and help raise $25k (or more) in support of our Radical Renovations!
Ways to participate:
- Donate to an individual or team.
- Register as an individual for $35 and fundraise by sharing your page with family, friends, and coworkers.
- Create a team for $35 per individual and fundraise by sharing your team's page with family, friends, and coworkers.
All participants will receive a one-of-a kind shirt on walk day! Need help with registering? Contact us and we'll be sure to lend a hand pronto!
Everyone can expect a little competition and of course lots of fun along the way, including prizes for best costume, best karaoke song, best dance moves and more. There will be games zones through the walking loop, collect the most points to win awesome prizes.
HeroWork is a charity that renovates other charities through big community events known as Radical Renovations. These events are akin to a modern-day barn raising where a wide range of community stakeholders come together to volunteer their time and energy.
This fall they will begin a build at Cool Aid Society's Downtown Community Centre (DCC). The DCC provides a wide range of services to people experiencing poverty, substance abuse issues, mental health challenges and more. HeroWork’s goal is to transform the building into a space that will enable staff to increase their programming, efficiencies and wide-ranging impacts.
HeroWork will revamp the kitchen so that the DCC can provide its community cooking classes with ease. A new LED lighting package will be installed to increase the warmth in the facility. The gym will be revamped, the courtyard area will receive many new touches to increase capacity even on rainier days and much more. Watch the project video here!
Visit victoria.herowork.com for all the details.
HeroWork Party Details
Date & Time: Sept. 24, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. See full itinerary below.
Location: Colwood Creek Park.
80's costumes and silliness welcomed!
There will be several mini activities that you can participate in to earn points! There will be a hockey game, a dance battle, karaoke, best costumes and more.
Every time you complete an activity, you will earn points toward a range of gift certificates and unique prizes. If there are any ties, a dance battle will ensue!
By participating in the activities, you can win some of our coveted prizes – such as a night's stay at Cox Bay Beach Resort in Tofino (going rate $400-800/night).
- Karaoke Bar – You don't need to be the best singer to win at this one, just bring your spirit and your recollection of some classic lyrics and whoever brings it the most will score the most points, of course!
- Dance-off – Much like the karaoke, you don't need to be the best dancer to win at this one. We want individuals or teams competing, whoever is sweating and laughing the most will earn the most points!
- Sack Race – Remember sack races when you were in elementary school? Well we're bringing that back to the table. Bring your childlike spirit as individuals and/or teams compete against each other to win points.
- Choose your distance or length and walk around as many times as possible. For every loop, you earn more points. This is our most flexible option – we just want to see you out there!
Incentives and Prizes
- Best Costume: Awarded to the most outrageous costume.
- Highest Individual Fundraiser: Awarded to the individual that raises the most for HeroWork.
- Highest Fundraising Team: Awarded to the team that fundraises the most.
- Highest Point Earning Team: Awarded to the team with the most points at the end of the day.
- Highest Individual Points: Awarded to the individual with the most points at the end of the day.
Event Day Tips
- Bike, Walk or Transit to the location!
- Dress warmly, as it can get cold and windy! This is an all-weather run/walk/activity day.
- Bring cash, as there will not be cash machines on-site.
- Help us keep the space looking spectacular. Do your part to keep the location nice, clean and beautiful.