NOTICE IS GIVEN that Council of the City of Colwood will consider First, Second, and Third Reading at the Meeting of Council on Monday, September 26, 2022, at 6:30 pm in relation to the proposed “Colwood Land Use Bylaw No. 151, 1989, Amendment No. 196 (2022 Omnibus Amendments) Bylaw No. 1956, 2022”.
DATE, TIME, & PLACE: Monday, September 26, 2022 at 6:30pm Council Chambers, 3300 Wishart Road, Colwood, BC
PURPOSE: This amending bylaw is proposing administrative corrections to the Land Use Bylaw, including:
- Removing “Bicycle Facility – Class 2” from the definitions section
- Amending the following definitions: commercial zone, comprehensive development zone, drive in business, industrial zone and show home
- Adding a definition to the bylaw for “presentation centre”
- Adding “transmission towers” to the list of structures that are not subject to the height requirements of the Land Use Bylaw
- Correcting section and header references
- Correcting spelling errors
- The amending bylaw is also proposing the following changes to the Land Use Bylaw in response to recent motions passed by Council, including:
- Adding “show homes” and “presentation centres” as permitted uses in all zones (where appropriate)
- Removing provisions regarding transmission towers from the prohibited and permitted uses sections
SUBJECT LANDS: This Bylaw applies to all lands within the City of Colwood
INSPECTION OF MATERIALS: Copies of the proposed bylaw and related materials can be viewed at www.colwood.ca/publicnotices or in person at Colwood City Hall from September 16 to 26, 2022 between 8:30 am and 4:30 pm Monday to Friday excluding statutory holidays. An electronic binder is also available here:- Bylaw No. 1956 Electronic Binder
We want to hear from you!
WRITE TO US
The deadline for written submissions is 12:00 pm on the day of the meeting and must include your name and civic address.
Mail/Drop-off: City of Colwood, 3300 Wishart Road, Colwood, BC V9C 1R1
SPEAK TO COUNCIL
In Person: The public will be permitted in the Council Chambers on a first come, first served basis until capacity is met.
Electronically: To pre-register to speak please contact firstname.lastname@example.org up until noon on the day of the meeting.
NEED MORE INFORMATION? Contact Development Services at 250-294-8153 or email@example.com.