Pursuant to section 124 of the Community Charter, notice is hereby given that the City of Colwood intends to repeal “Council/Committee Procedure Bylaw No. 754 2004” and its amendments and adopt “Council Procedure Bylaw No. 1890, 2021”.
The purpose of a Council Procedure Bylaw is to set the processes and expectations of conduct for Council and Committee meetings. In general terms the new Bylaw will have the following key changes:
- Addition of consent agendas;
- Updated electronic Meetings processes;
- Committee of the Whole meeting schedule;
- Speaking times;
- Addition of Council Workshops;
- Delegation limits; and
- Removing unnecessary legislative references and simplifying language
Council will consider adoption of the proposed Bylaw at the Regular Meeting of Council on Monday, November 22, 2021, at 6:30 pm and will be held in the Council Chambers, Colwood City Hall, 3300 Wishart Road.
INSPECTION OF MATERIALS: Copies of the proposed bylaw and report can be viewed below or in person at Colwood City Hall (3300 Wishart Road) Monday to Friday between 8:30 am and 4:30 pm.
- Finance and Governance Report - September 2, 2021
- Regular Meeting of Council Briefing - October 12, 2021
- Council Procedure Bylaw 1890, 2021
- Electronic Meetings Policy - Adopted October 25, 2021
WRITE TO US
Written submissions will be received up until noon on the day of the meeting by way of:
- Email: email@example.com
- Mail: City of Colwood, 3300 Wishart Road, Colwood, BC V9C 1R1
- Drop off in the drop box at the main entrance to Colwood City Hall
SPEAK TO COUNCIL
In person: Members of the public will be permitted in the Council Chambers and will be on a first come, first served basis until capacity is met. Masks are mandatory.
Electronically: To pre-register to speak virtually please contact firstname.lastname@example.org up until noon on the day of the meeting.
QUESTIONS: Contact Marcy Lalande, Interim Corporate Officer at email@example.com or 250-294-8157.