To set a vision for the City’s urban forest and a Strategy to achieve this.
This Strategy will: identify locations where the natural forest is to be left undisturbed; consider ways to support and enhance treed environments on private lands; and set out a process for the replanting of the future urban forest in areas under development.
- Prepare Terms of Reference to develop the Urban Forest Strategy, including the possible need for input from a consultant.
- Consult with/obtain input from the public and the development community.
- Prepare the draft Urban Forest Strategy and present it to the Planning and Land Use Committee, the Parks, Recreation and Culture Committee, and the Transportation and Public Infrastructure Committee for public comment.
- Forward to Council for review and consideration of approval.
- Implement the Urban Forest Strategy once approved.
Lead City Department