This Bylaw regulates the development and use of land and the location and use of buildings and structures erected thereon, having due regard to:
- The promotion of health, safety, convenience, and welfare of the public;
- The prevention of the overcrowding of land, and the preservation of the amenities peculiar to any zone;
- The securing of adequate light, air, and access;
- The value of the land and the nature of its present and prospective use and occupancy;
- The character of each zone, the character of the buildings already erected, and the peculiar suitability of the zone for particular uses; and
- The conservation of property values.