The fire rating in Colwood has been upgraded to EXTREME due to dry conditions, high temperatures, and no rain the the immediate forecast.
What does this mean for you?
- NO: Open burning of wood fuel
- NO: Approved outdoor wood burning appliances
- NO: Beach fires - prohibited at all times in Colwood (Read why)
- YES: BBQ’s – Charcoal/propane/natural gas
- YES: Smokers – Electric/propane/natural gas
- YES: Propane/natural gas fire pits
Practice fire safety
- Use extreme caution near combustible products like gasoline and materials such as dry grasses and conifers
- Maintain manufacturer’s recommended clearance distances to combustibles
- Have a means of extinguishment readily available
- Use extreme caution when discarding cigarettes (you may be subject to a fine)
- Follow FireSmartBC practices to protect your property and your community
The BC Wildfire Service has also announced an campfire band within the Coastal Fire Centre. Find more information on the provincial Wildfire Website.
If you have questions
If you require further information or clarification, please contact the Colwood Fire Department at 250-478-8321.