We're almost there! We know the delays on Sooke Road at Colwood Corners have been frustrating at times and your patience is appreciated in this final push through August as servicing and frontage improvements are completed.
The major road work is scheduled to be complete by the end of the summer bringing smooth new road surfaces and sidewalks along with the incredible amount of underground servicing that was required. Then finishing touches of landscaping, lighting and seating will be added.
Sooke Road frontage improvements to be completed
- August 9 to 13: Leveling and preparation for concrete curb installation along Sooke Road
- August 16 to 20: Concrete curb construction, as well as preparation of the roadway for asphalt paving
- August 23 to 25: Completion of asphalt road surface on Sooke Road
- Work along Belmont Road will be completed through September
Significant upgrades nearing completion
- Complete: BC Hydro installation of large underground duct banks beneath the roadway and parking area to upgrade electrical services to the Colwood Corners area
- Complete: Upgrades to water and telecommunications servicing
- In progress: BC Transit queue jump lanes and intersection upgrades
- In progress: 8 buildings including a large underground parking area
- 2 eight-story apartment buildings with ground floor commercial
- 3 commercial buildings under construction along Sooke Road
- 2 additional apartment buildings being constructed along Jerome Road near the back of the site
- 1 elevator building that will include an art installation
- Preparation for roadways, parking and public spaces within the Colwood Corners site and along Belmont and Jerome Roads.
First new buildings to open this year
Save On Foods and the first two apartment buildings on the corner of Sooke Road and Colwood Crescent are scheduled to open this year.