On March 17th, find garage sale treasures and help raise funds for the important community projects of the Colwood Women's Institute.
(Got something to donate? Call 250-391-6628 or 250-478-3141.)
The Colwood Women's Institute has been sponsoring good works in our community since 1910. Read more about the history of the Colwood Women's Institute.
Examples of recent community initiatives
- Purchased Christmas presents for 10 veterans living at Cockrell House in Colwood
- Donated $1000.00 to the Children’s Health Foundation of Vancouver Island
- Sponsored the Spuds in Tubs Program at Colwood elementary schools, to teach children about growing, harvesting and preparing food
- Donated $100 to each of Colwood's five elementary schools to purchase new library books in celebration of Literacy Week
- Provide a bursary for a Royal Bay Secondary School student to further their education in agriculture or culinary program
- Donated $600 to the BC Wildfires Quilts Program to help collect and distribute quilts to those impacted by the BC Wildfires
- Purchased a temporal thermometer for BC Children’s Hospital ($600)
- Donated an iPad to support learning in a classroom at Wishart Elementary
- Sponsored start up of the Rainbows Program in Colwood to help children dealing with grief or loss