September 15th - don't miss this community celebration of arts, culture and heritage!
Join the City of Colwood for a day of heritage fun at Fort Rodd Hill and Fisgard Lighthouse, including:
- Horse drawn carriage rides around the site with Victoria Carriage Tours
- Live musical entertainment with Cookeilidh - Celtic Music from 10am to noon, The Big Weee from noon to 2pm, and the Bratz (Smiley Brothers) from 2pm to 4pm
- Free caricatures - fun portraits drawn by Ryan the amazing artist from Fun Sketches thanks to TELUS
- Face painting all day
- The King of Magic will have you baffled with his sleight-of-hand
- Seaside Market presented by the Q Centre Market
- Kids crafts, activities & games with West Shore Parks & Recreation
- Watch talented artists at work around the site and then vote on your favourite painting in the Paint-in at the Fort Art Contest with Coast Collective (Artists apply here!)
- Interactive Heritage Displays including tintype photography by Ken Miner
- Vintage Dress-up and Photo Station with Disguise the Limit
- Food trucks - Grilled to the Mac, Greek on the Street, Donut Delights and Road Treasure Treats
- Ride the shuttle from the Park & Ride and the festival
Fort Rodd Hill will be charging their regular entrance rates at this event: Youth under 17 are FREE, Adults $3.90, Seniors $3.40.
*The beautiful painting pictured on the Seaside Festival poster is by Elaine Hughes, winner of the 2017 Paint-In.