2022 General Local and School Board Elections
Your municipal government makes decisions that affect you directly every day - improvements to sidewalks, roads and cycling routes; enhancements to parks and the waterfront; attracting new businesses and amenities; and yes, even decisions about sewage.
Meet the Candidates
Click here to view the list of municipal government candidates.
You will vote on:
- 1 Mayor
- 6 City Councillors
- 4 School Board Trustees (visit the SD62 website for information)
All Candidate Meetings:
- Tuesday, September 27, 6:30pm to 9:00pm - the WestShore Chamber of Commerce is pleased to offer an online All Candidates Forum for voters in Colwood. Questions will be provided to the candidates in advance, and you can ask your questions here before September 21st.
This session is being held online (via zoom - link to follow) to allow as many people as possible to hear from the candidates and access the information. Up to 500 participants will be able to attend on the night, and the session will be recorded and posted to the WestShore Chamber YouTube account. This will give voters the option to view the forum before advance polls open, at a time that bests suits them.
Visit the WestShore Chamber of Commerce Event page for more information.
- Tuesday, October 4, 7:00pm to 8:30pm - CENiC Citizens' Environment Network in Colwood is hosting an online all candidates meeting. Get to know the people hoping to represent you in Colwood as councillors or the mayor. The meeting link is available online thorough Facebook or by emailing email@example.com.
- Friday, October 7, 7:00pm to 9:30pm - Church of the Advent, 520 Mount View Avenue, is hosting an election listening forum for the Colwood 2022 elections of Mayor and Council. The format will be a modified and moderated listening circle. Community members who wish to speak will be asked to sign in. Each will be given several minutes to speak, while others listen respectfully and without comment. When community members have spoken candidates will be given an opportunity to respond. Speaking times will be limited and and depend on the number of people wishing to speak.
Plan to Vote
There are two advanced voting opportunities in addition to election day. Advanced voting and general voting will take place at Colwood City Hall, 3300 Wishart Road from 8:00am to 8:00pm.
- Advance Voting - Wednesday, October 5, 2022
- Advance Voting - Wednesday, October 12, 2022.
- General Voting - Saturday, October 15, 2022
Bring the kids on General Voting Day for Colwood's first Kids Vote! We're encouraging kids to get involved and learn a bit about how local government works. Kids will choose between two play features and cast their vote between 8:00am to 8:00pm on Saturday, October 15. Learn more at Colwood.ca/KidsVote
Voting in the Election
Register to Vote at Elections BC
Visit the Election BC website for details on who can vote and to:
- Register to vote if you are 18 years or older
- Update your voter information such as your residential or mailing address
- If you are 16 or 17 years old pre-register as a future voter by adding your name to the Future Voters List
Click here to see more information for voters.