We all need to do our part to support health providers and stop the spread of COVID-19.
- Stay Healthy video update (Mar 24)
- Keeping Colwood Healthy (Mar 31)
- Thank you for doing your part with MLA Mitzi Dean (May 22)
City services continue with some safety modifications
- Looking for City services? Check our status list for all City services.
- Access to City Hall is limited to by appointment only. We're here to help! Contact us by phone at 250-478-5999 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- City meetings continue to occur electronically. Watch meetings online. Provide input by contacting email@example.com with written comment or to register to speak during public participation.
Be vigilant in protecting yourself and others
- Maintain physical distance.
- Wash your hands well and often.
- Cover your mouth and nose with your flexed elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Stay connected: check in with family, friends and neighbours. Get tips for staying healthy & connected.
Premier's plan to Restart BC
- BC's Restart Plan: www.gov.bc.ca/restartbc
- B.C. Business COVID-19 Support Service
- PHO Order - Workplace COVID-19 Safety Plans
- PHO Order - Food & Liquor Service Establishments
- WorkSafeBC Backgrounder and WorkSafeBC Information Line: 1-888-621-7233
- Schools and parks Backgrounder
Support local for strong economic recovery
Colwood's Economic Recovery Plan is being put into action now. It was developed based on input received from business owners at a series of COVID-19 Response & Recovery Roundtables that included federal, provincial and health leaders.
- Find links at the West Shore Chamber of Commerce
- Find links to Essential Business Resources through the South Island Prosperity Project
- BC COVID-19 Provincial Support and Information
- Canada’s COVID-19 Economic Response Plan: Support for Canadians and Businesses
- Western Economic Diversification Canada response to COVID-19
- Smal Business BC Business Continuity & COVID-19 Small Business Resources
- Business Development Bank of Canada loans and advice - Support for entrepreneurs impacted by COVID-19
- Canada’s Trade Commissioner - COVID-19 Resources for Canadian Businesses
- Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) – Employment and Social Development Canada
Find Public Health Resources
- COVID-19 Provincial Support and Information
- BC COVID-19 Support App
- Online Self-assessment tool: People with a cough, fever or sore throat can use this online self-assessment to help determine whether testing is recommended.
- Call 2-1-1 if you are a senior who could use a hand getting groceries or prescriptions, or if you are a volunteer who wants to help.
Refer to trusted sources for public health information
Protect your mental health
- Pacific Centre Family Services Association
- Canadian Mental Health Association
- Kids Help Phone
- Here to Help BC
- Kelty Mental Health
- MindHealth BC
- Need2 Suicide Prevention Education & Support
Find ways to help
- Volunteer: Contact Volunteer Victoria or call BC 2-1-1 if you are a volunteer who could deliver groceries or prescriptions to seniors in your area.
- Give blood: Canadian Blood Services is in urgent need of donations.
- Donate to Food Banks: Goldstream Food Bank | Our Place Society.
- Buy Local: Shop online at local businesses, get take-out, buy gift cards.
Learn more about general preparedness at www.colwood.ca/BePrepared