Colwood Corners is centrally located on the West Shore of Victoria, a growing area that is currently home to over 70,000 people. The potential for this site is undeniable. Royal Roads University is just steps away, along with a growing Colwood business community that includes the Holiday Inn Express. The site is surrounded by incredible recreational opportunities, including West Shore Parks & Recreation, Royal Colwood Golf Course, Royal Roads Forest and the Colwood waterfront just minutes away. The site fronts onto the Island Highway which leads directly to Victoria, and is adjacent to the Galloping Goose Trail – Greater Victoria’s well used regional active transportation route.
Onni Group expects to begin site work in mid August, with completion of the first phase anticipated for 2020.
“Onni is very excited to announce its plans for Colwood Corners,” says Rodney Rao, Development Manager for Onni. “Colwood is a vibrant and active community, however we have seen that demand has been exceeding current supply in the region. We look forward to bringing new home opportunities to Colwood with a unique new ‘live, work, play-style’ community that everyone can enjoy.”
Highlights from the latest Onni submission
- Phase 1 (Buildings 1-8) will provide 276 residential rental units and approximately 14,200 square metres of commercial floor area.
- Phase 2 includes two residential buildings with 201 units (Buildings 9 and 10)
- The new submission includes a Sooke Road cycle lane and boulevard adjacent to the development.
- The image below shows the overall site plan (Sooke Road is at the top of the image). (Click to enlarge the site plan (large pdf - may take a moment to load)
Improved architectural form and character of buildings
- Variation in façade elements (colours, materials, and increased glazing);
- Increased design elements in the façade at the pedestrian level such as use of reveals and architectural elements;
- Additional variation of roofline angles and treatments.
Emphasizing the Pedestrian Environment
- Enhancement of pedestrian areas with benches, landscaping, lighting, design details;
- Provision of outdoor open space including a children’s play area with connections to the Galloping Goose Trail.
- Enhancements to existing London Drugs building.