Parks Management Plans
As an outcome of the recent Parks & Recreation Master Plan process, we are developing Park Management Plans starting with Colwood Creek Park, Lookout Lake Park, and Ocean View Park. This long-term strategic document will help guide future park infrastructure upgrades, environmental considerations, and recreational use.
Phase 2 of the project is underway and now is a great time to get involved! We are sharing early concept directions and asking for your feedback with online questionnaires, pop-up park events, and an online workshop. Visit LetsTalkColwood.ca/OurParks to learn more.
- Complete Phase 2 Questionnaires at LetsTalkColwood.ca/OurParks
Open October 4 to November 5, this questionnaire will provide an opportunity to:
- Review a draft vision and guiding principles for the parks
- Review and comment on draft concept plans for the parks, including discussing what works well and what could be improved upon
- Attend a Public Pop-Up
- Lookout Lake Park: Saturday October 16th, 10am – 12pm (near the beach)
- Ocean View Park: Saturday October 16th, 1pm – 3pm (near the playground)
- Colwood Creek Park: Sunday, October 17th, 10am – 12pm and Saturday, October 23rd 12pm – 2pm (near the playground)
- Join the Online Workshop
An online workshop will be held Wednesday, October 27th from 6pm – 9pm. The workshop will be an opportunity to chat with the project team and neighbours about emerging directions and priorities. You can participate in any or all of the park discussions. RSVP required, email email@example.com and indicate which discussion period(s) you're interested in to reserve your space.There will be a one-hour discussion period for each park:
- Lookout Lake Park: Join at 6 pm
- Ocean View Park: Join at 7 pm
- Colwood Creek Park: Join at 8 pm