Celebrate summer in one of the most beautiful oceanfront settings on the Island, with the iconic Fisgard Lighthouse on one side and Hatley Castle on the other.
Head to the beach in Colwood every Friday, Saturday and Sunday from noon to 7pm for eats from your favourite local food trucks in the fresh air by the ocean. Wander by the waves, beachcomb, bird watch, paddle, play or just lounge on the sand in the sunshine. Please remember to maintain a safe distance while enjoying the beach!
Check the schedule at www.colwood.ca/BeachFood
Special public health considerations:
- Vendors follow the guidelines set out by the Provincial Health Officer for local markets and measures similar to what is required for restaurants.
- Colwood’s Beach Food program always requires that food trucks have Island Health permits and Food Safe certification as well as full liability insurance and a valid business license.
- During this unique time, they are also required to have a COVID-19 Operations Plan in place to outline specific measures related to personal health, sanitizing, handwashing and distancing.
- The city will be marking out food vendor locations that are well distanced from each other, as well as markers for customers to ensure distancing while ordering and receiving food.
- The City won’t be offering musical entertainment at this time while physical distancing is still encouraged.