Will there be extra dates in 2021?
You bet! Every Saturday starting in March through November. See the schedule below.
We're focused on your health and safety during the pandemic
We require that you follow these protocols to ensure your safety and the safety of the Public Works team:
- Please attend only if you are healthy
- Respect personal distances of 2m
- Remain in your car while waiting to unload
- Have ID ready to display at the window as needed - staff will not be handling it
- Be prepared to unload your own materials: a staff member will be on-site, but for your safety and theirs, will be directed to maintain personal distance and not handle materials
The City of Colwood provides a unique and convenient Branch Drop Off Program for Colwood residents. This program helps keep the yards in our city looking tidy and healthy. It also replaces backyard burning, which improves our air quality, protects our natural environment and creates a healthier community. (See also: Spring Clean Up)
The Public Works Yard is open for branch drop off from 8:30am to 4:00pm every Saturday (except in January, February and December when it's the 1st and 3rd Saturday). Our location is just below City Hall at 3300 Wishart Road.
Acceptable material includes branches (maximum diameter 4”), grass clippings and leaves. When preparing your load to bring to the yard, it would be appreciated if you could separate leaves from branches and grass clippings.
For further information please contact the Public Works Yard Office at 250-474-4133.
Drop Off Dates for 2021 - Weekly from March through November
- January 2 and 16
- February 6 and 20
- March 6, 13, 20 and 27
- April 3, 10, 17 and 24
- May 1, 8, 15, 22 and 29
- June 5, 12, 19 and 26
- July 3, 10, 17, 24 and 31
- August 7, 14, 21 and 28
- September 4, 11, 18 and 25
- October 2, 9, 16, 23 and 30
- November 6, 13, 20 and 27
- December 4 and 18
Please note: This popular program is for Colwood residents only, and is free of charge. Proof of residency may be required at the gate. Private contractors who are working for a Colwood resident will be required to have a note/letter from the Colwood resident indicating the residents name, address, phone number and how many truck loads of debris are expected to be dropped off from this residence during the day. This note should be presented to the attendant at the gate.