Subject: Cannabis Retail at 310 Goldstream Avenue
When: October 13, 2020 at 5:30pm
Where: Online - Colwood City Hall, 3300 Wishart Road, Colwood BC
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, public access to City Hall is limited. This Public Hearing will be held electronically in accordance with Ministerial Order M192. View the Hearing on the City’s live stream webcast at https://colwood.civicweb.net/portal/.
The City of Colwood is seeking your input regarding the following bylaws:
“Colwood Land Use Bylaw No. 151, 1989, Amendment No. 177 (Cannabis Retail - 310 Goldstream Avenue), Bylaw No. 1840, 2020”
The general purpose of proposed “Colwood Land Use Bylaw No. 151, 1989, Amendment No. 177 (Cannabis Retail - 310 Goldstream Avenue), Bylaw No. 1840, 2020” is to amend the current Colwood Land Use Bylaw No 151, 1989 to enable a cannabis retail store at 310 Goldstream Avenue.
As proposed, these bylaws would only apply to the lands highlighted by the map on the reverse and legally legally described as: Lot 3, Section 1, Esquimalt District, Plan 30085; PID 001-288-563
A copy of the proposed bylaws and other related materials may be inspected here by appointment at City Hall from September 28, 2020 until October 13, 2020 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, except statutory holidays. Contact Development Services at 250-294-8145 or email@example.com to arrange an in person viewing.
We want to hear from you!
All persons who believe their interest in property is affected by the proposed bylaw will be given a reasonable opportunity to be heard. You may indicate your support or opposition in one of the following ways:
Write to us:
You can provide your written submission
- by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- regular mail to 3300 Wishart Road, Colwood, BC V9C 1R1,
- hand delivered to the drop box located at the main entrance of City Hall.
The deadline to receive written submissions is 12:00 Noon on the date of the hearing. Written comments received after the above deadline will not be received or considered by Council.
Talk with us - speak at the Public Hearing:
- Register to speak live via phone at the electronic hearing by emailing email@example.com or phone 250-478-5999. Once registered, you will be provided with instructions to join the live meeting on Zoom. The deadline to register to speak live at the meeting is 9:00AM on the day of the meeting.
- Call the number that will be displayed onscreen during the live meeting linked above.
- At any time during the Hearing, call the number that will be posted on the City’s website at 5:15pm on the day of the meeting. https://colwood.civicweb.net/portal/
For further information, please contact the Development Services at 250-294-8145 or firstname.lastname@example.org
What is a Public Hearing?
A Public Hearing is a vital part of Council’s review when applications are made to change the City’s Official Community Plan or Land Use Bylaw. It provides the public with a way to present their views to Council on items contained in the public hearing agenda. It is not a question and answer period. The Public Hearing is Council’s opportunity to listen to members of the public to hear their views or receive their written submissions on items contained in the public hearing agenda. Council is not able to discuss and debate the topic at the public hearing.