The Parcel Tax Roll Review Panel meets to review Colwood properties being assessed for the City's parcel tax for the first time. In 2016, the City undertook a legally required extension of the Central Sewer line along a designated area between Hatley Park Mall on Sooke Road and a section of Metchosin Road (see www.colwood.ca/CentralSewer to learn more.) A parcel tax will be levied to those properties for the first time in 2018.
Notice is hereby given that the Parcel Tax Roll Review Panel will meet at 5:00 pm in the Council Chambers at Colwood City Hall, located at 3300 Wishart Road in Colwood, BC to review the parcel tax rolls for the following sewer local area services, on the following dates:
The Colwood Central Sewer Local Area Service – Thursday, February 1, 2018
Pursuant to the Community Charter, in order for a complaint regarding the parcel tax roll to be considered by the panel, it must be in writing and all submissions must be received by the City of Colwood, 3300 Wishart Road, Colwood, BC V9C 1R1 no later than 4:30 p.m. Monday, January 22, 2018.
Enquiries can be made by calling Jennifer Hepting, Collector, at 250-294-8149.
Pursuant to the Community Charter, a person may make a complaint to the parcel tax review panel with respect to a parcel tax roll on one or more of the following grounds only:
- There is an error or omission respecting a name or address on the parcel tax roll;
- There is an error or omission respecting the inclusion of a parcel;
- There is an error or omission respecting the taxable area of a parcel; or
- An exemption has been improperly allowed or disallowed.
Pursuant to the Assessment Act, any notice of complaint must:
- clearly identify the property in respect of which the complaint is made,
- include the full name of the complainant and a telephone number at which the complainant may be contacted during regular business hours,
- indicate whether or not the complainant is the owner of the property to which the complaint relates,
- if the complainant has an agent to act on the complainant’s behalf in respect of the complaint, include the full name of the agent and a telephone number at which the agent may be contacted during regular business hours,
- include an address for delivery of any notices in respect of the complaint,
- state the grounds on which the complaint is based under the grounds noted below:
a. there is an error or omission respecting the name of a person in the assessment roll;
b. there is an error or omission respecting land or improvements, or both land and improvements, in the assessment roll;
c. land or improvements, or both land an improvements, are not assess at actual value;
d. land or improvements, or both land and improvements, have been improperly classified; and
e. an exemption has been improperly allowed or disallowed
- include any other prescribed information.
A copy of the DRAFT COLWOOD CENTRAL LAS PARCEL TAX ROLL is available for inspection at www.colwood.ca and at Colwood City Hall, 3300 Wishart Road, between the hours of 8:00 am and 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday, except holidays.
Jennifer Hepting, CPA, CA
Collector / Deputy Director of Finance