To improve the City’s control over subdivision and development consistent with the policy directions established in the City’s Official Community Plan.
The new Subdivision and Development Bylaw will incorporate current subdivision and development control standards and regulations to better carry out the City’s goals of encouraging improved urban design, supported by the necessary transportation and
infrastructure network, and implementing higher environmental standards.
- Prepare Terms of Reference for preparation of a new Subdivision and Development Bylaw.
- Consult with the development community and the public.
- Prepare the new draft Subdivision and Development Bylaw.
- Present the new draft Bylaw to the Transportation and Public Infrastructure Committee for public comment
- Forward the new draft Bylaw to Council for review and consideration of adoption.
- Implement the new Subdivision and Development Bylaw after adoption.
Lead City Departments/Officer
Engineering, Planning, and Approving Officer