Lookout Lake is one of Colwood’s hidden gems. Perched up high on Triangle Mountain, it’s a local favourite for swimming, picnics, hikes and shoreline fishing.
It's a lovely quiet spot where families who enjoy fishing can catch the odd trout or bass. The lake is regularly stocked with rainbow trout and smallmouth bass as part of the Freshwater Fisheries Society of BC's Fishing in the City program.
Lookout Lake is also a great place to spot an eagle in the trees, waiting to swoop down and catch a meal of fresh fish.
Make it a hike!
Did you know there's a great hike up from Havenwood Park to Lookout Lake? Earn your dip in the lake with this hike that takes you through forested trails, up two sets of stairs to arrive at Lookout Lake. Here's how:
- Start at Havenwood Park on Veteran's Memorial Parkway.
- Take the right hand trail, up the stairs and beyond until you come out at Fulton Road.
- On the left, you'll see the trail continues near the homes there, toward Sun Hills Road. (Look for the yellow post marking the trail)
- Follow the trail down to Sun Hills Road, then along the sidewalk to the end of the road, where the trail continues through the forest.
- Follow the trail to the stairs, which will take you up to Lookout Lake Park.
Well groomed gravel trail to small sandy beach area. Wooden stairs to access from Blue Sky Place.