Colwood is updating its Official Community Plan and it's important that your ideas are included. Make some waves for a better Colwood!
Families came to enjoy music by the Royal Bay House Band, grab some food from Grilled to the Mac, hit the bouncy castle with the kids, and take part in all kinds of family friendly hands-on activities to share ideas for the future of Colwood:
- Design Colwood – Bring your ideas to life with the help of a professional graphic facilitator who will sketch what you describe for parks, housing, destinations, transportation and more.
- Map It – Walk around a large floor map of Colwood and mark important places: current and future town centres, cherished assets, issues and problem areas.
- Be Mayor for the Day – Use your budget tokens to invest in your priority areas.
- Speakers’ Corner – Record stories about your experiences of Colwood and your hopes for the community. Stories will be compiled for posting and sharing.
- In Their Shoes – Read about the experience of a fictional character in Colwood and step into their shoes to come up with ideas to improve how that person could live, work and play in our community.
- My Big Idea Photo Booth – Scribble your big idea for the future of Colwood on a hand held white board and snap a phot with it. Photos will be shared on social media/web.
- Kids Drawing Station – Kids draw their ideas for Colwood on interactive sheets that prompt them to think about where we live, how we move around, and enjoying open spaces.
- Child Care – little ones can play in a bouncy castle and do craft activities in a separate room with licensed child care staff from West Shore Parks & Recreation.
- Music – Musical entertainment to make it feel fun and festive.
- Food – a food truck will be onsite to encourage people to hang out, socialize and enjoy.
Why should this matter to you?
When Colwood Council is faced with decisions about a new development, roads project, park improvement or other recommendation, they look to the Official Community Plan to determine whether it fits with the long term vision outlined there. This is your chance to help shape that long term vision! Get more information and read what others are saying at www.colwood.ca/MakingWaves.